These are the Freightworld Rail News articles written by Erik Sandblom for Freightworld from October 1997 to September 1998. Sorry, the series is not being continued.
Don't miss the ERN Archive which also lets you search the entire site, including the articles below.
I decided to list the articles about UPRR separately:
I have also written about rail policy in Britain, Canada and Sweden.
- Possible Deal on Eurotunnel Concession October 9th, 1997
- Danish Freight Railway Seeks Alliance October 26th, 1997
- Swedish Grocery Chain Starts Rail-Based Distribution October 30th, 1997
- STB Imposes Safety Conditions on Conrail Deal November 6th, 1997
- Canadian Railways Unload Subdivisions November 10th, 1997
- German DBAG fights for control over tracks November 14th, 1997
- Baltic Railways Show Promise December 9th, 1997
- Nordics Co-ordinate Non-Domestic Services December 29th, 1997
- Canadian Railways Court Union Carbide January 7th, 1998
- Freight Freeways -- The Whole Story January 25th, 1998
- American Railroads Excel February 1st, 1998
- CN may buy Illinois Central February 9th, 1998
- Open Access Spreads... February 21st, 1998
- Russian Economics March 1st, 1998
- Scandinavian Economics March 25th, 1998
- Capitalism Comes to Railways April 12th, 1998
- Swedish Shortlines Take on Former Monopoly May 29th, 1998
- STB Votes in Favor of Conrail Deal June 10th, 1998
- DBAG and NS merge Cargo divisions June 29th, 1998
- Germans take over NDX too September 7th, 1998
Back to Erik's Rail News front page
Logo by Don Littlefield
No liability accepted for information on this site.
News, Comments, Criticism: firstname.lastname@example.org