Some bugs/issues in Pepper 4.0.6...
- Removing a keybinding leaves the key without the apple symbol in the menu. Workaround: Remove a shortcut before changing it, and restart Pepper after removing a keybinding.
- Text rendering can be slow, especially when softwrapping (the button to the right on the toolbar). It helps a little to set these options in the Editing panel of the Preferences dialog: Text Renderer = QuickDraw (not ATSUI) and uncheck anti-aliased text.
- FTP-related bugs:
- FTP does not work on OS9. Workaround: use a third-party FTP application with support for Pepper, such as Netfinder.
- FTP dialog sometimes does not display icons on OS X 10.2
- Pressing Enter to open a remote folder in the FTP dialog doesn't work. You need to double-click it. The blue button also says "save" rather than "open" unless you tab to the filename field. The button does the right thing though, regardless of what it says.
- Turns Unix linebreaks into DOS linebreaks when downloading via FTP.
- FTP sometimes cuts off part of file when uploading. This happens with FS-Data's server but not Artech's for some reason. May be related to changing line end type, or encoding.